Sunday, August 8, 2010

K.I.T.

A friend of mine recently deleted her facebook page. She has been known to cyberstalk ex-boyfriends to an obsessive amount and thought it would be better for her mental health if she didn't have that option anymore. In one way, this is so good for her! She needs to distance herself from that stuff. On the other hand, I never realized how much I subconsciously communicated with her via FB. Now that she's gone, I really miss her on there!

It got me to thinking about how technology has closed the gap in communication in so many ways. FB, myspace, twitter, blogs, and other social networks allow us all to keep track of everyone's lives without having to spend hours on the phone with people every night. Although I miss that type of deeper communication, who has time for that?! I also love the outpouring of support that the social network provides. Have you had a birthday on FB yet? Holy birthday wishes!!! And, in times of need, you get more support than you ever expected. (I had to take Suki to the emergency room today and got all kinds of unexpected support from my FB friends!)

All this is really just to say that I am so glad I have been blogging lately and that it allows me and my dear friend, M, to keep in touch!

Mich - I love you like a sister! In fact, you are more like a sister to me than my own sister! I am so glad that we have been friends for so long and that our friendship has endured love and loss, hardships and distance. I don't know what I would do without you! I am looking forward to seeing you soon so I can give you a great big hug!!

P.S. I like your new layout! It is very fitting with the NYC pictures you have been posting!

1 comment:

  1. you made me cry!

    sometimes i get tired of all this social networking stuff but it's definitely bridged the gaps in a few friendships.

    you know that with our without facebook, twitter, blogs, etc. you will ALWAYS be my bestest of friends. you're right, with all that we've been through, we're more like sisters at this point.

    thanks for everything
    i love you!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete