Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Love Notes and Lavatories

I feel like I should start by apologizing for my last rant about my friend G and my little brother... but that's what blogging is all about right? Say what you want, how you want, with no apologies. So I'll just move forward...

I have been trying to live this past year always keeping in the back of my head the thought of giving back to others. I feel like, overall, I have done a pretty good job (e.g., Once a Month Charity Club, Locks of Love, volunteering, etc.). Although the ways I have given back to others have been small, it is the spirit of giving that is important; at least to me, and at least for now. This brings me to my experience at the movie theater bathroom last week.

A friend and I went to see The Ugly Truth (which wasn't that good). After the movie, I went to use the restroom. When I walked into the stall and shut the door, I looked down at the toilet and saw a post-it note, posted on the inside back of the toilet that read, "U R beautiful - no matter what the scale says!" It was posted in such a way that, even after a flush, the note stays there. I immediately smiled and chuckled to myself, then I bent down with my phone and took a picture of it. (I'm sure if there were other people in the restroom they probably thought I was crazy; giggling to myself and taking pictures in the bathroom stall.) I left the bathroom feeling ridiculously happy for something so small, but that fact that someone left the note in the first place is really what made me smile.


So today I bought a new pack of post-its and a keychain marker. I will carry them with me always and leave random notes of positivity wherever I go! Just doing my part to spread a little cheer throughout the world!

Thank you, Random Bathroom Post-It Note Affirmation Lady!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment