Monday, June 16, 2008

Getting back to life

All went well at the DMV and I am now a licensed driver again!! WOO HOO!!!!! I got my license back Wed morning and feel like I haven't really been home since then. I have been trying to make-up for the last month of doing absolutely nothing, so I have been going to school, getting back on track with my advisor, running errands, and seeing friends.

Since I haven't been home too much, I still haven't finished the Bitch book. And I haven't been implementing anything too much lately, as I think natural disasters overrule the use of the rules.
K lives in Cedar Rapids, IA. Last Tuesday, Cedar Rapids began flooding. The river finally crested Saturday and is starting to receded, but they don't expect the waters to fully recede for almost 2 weeks! K and his roommate were evacuated from their apartment last Tuesday and are not going to be able to return until at least July 1. All of downtown Cedar Rapids, every bar, restaurant, etc. that I visited while I was there is pretty much destroyed. K told me there were people's things, parts of their houses, etc. floating through the streets of downtown. I think over 24,000 people were evacuated from downtown!

No comments:

Post a Comment