Monday, June 23, 2008

The next chapter

I finally went to go see Sex and The City last night. I have several friends who wanted/offered to go see it with me, but I secretly wanted to go see it by myself. I had a feeling it would be really emotional for me, the whole happy ending, etc., and I was right.

Since it was 10:20 on a Sunday evening, there were only 2 other girls in the theater with me. They were sitting about 8 rows in front of me, so I was free to sit in the back and cry all by myself - which is exactly what I did! I cried for almost the whole movie!! And not in a "I want to go home and slit my wrists" kind of way, but in a happy, sad, angry, emotional mess kind of a way. It was kind of cathartic. Apparently I have some unresolved feeling I need to work through...

I think that the other 2 moviegoers were probably around 22-years-old. It got me to thinking about how different I was at 22 then I am now, on the eve of my 30th birthday. So much has happened, both good and bad. However, I feel like I have spent the majority of the last year of my twenties in tears. It has definitely been a rough year. I hope that as I embark on the next decade of my life, I have learned some lessons, and can effectively implement what I learned!

Ten things I hope to accomplish in my thirties:
1. Finish my thesis and get it published.
2. Finally get my undergrad thesis published.
3. Finish the book I'm working on and get that published. (I'm starting to see a theme here...)
4. Find a job I love.
5. Incorporate dance back into my life.
6. Become a licensed therapist.
7. Get my financial life in order.
8. Buy a house.
9. Get a dog :)
10. Look back at this list and be able to check off every item!

2 comments:

  1. HAPPY 30th BIRTHDAY! Hope you have the time of your life... XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow is good to be back with my ex again, thank you Dr Ekpen for the help, I just want to let you know that is reading this post in case you are having issues with your lover and is leading to divorce and you don’t want the divorce, Dr Ekpen is the answer to your problem. Or you are already divorce and you still want him/her contact Dr Ekpen the spell caster now on (ekpentemple@gmail.com) and you will be clad you did





















      Delete