Thursday, January 3, 2008

Disappearing Boyfriend

Since I already started my story on another site, I feel like I need to update the rest of you. Here's the first in a series of posts...

I'm not sure exactly where to start...

Last August I met someone. And things happened so fast! He was so many things I always wanted in a man and so many things that I didn't know existed. We spent 14 months together. Were they perfect? Of course not. But they were good. I thought this was it for me. We talked about getting married 3 months into our relationship, and I never wondered if that would really happen, because I felt it in my heart that this was the man I was going to spend the rest of my life with. I thought he felt the same way, mostly because he told me he did.

Then, the bottom of my stable world dropped out on me. I can't even tell you exactly what happened because I don't know. I just know that he isn't here anymore because he chose not to be. Some days I'm still in shock because I never in a million years would have predicted this behavior from this man. Other days I feel angry that he would do this. Other days I feel relieved that I got away before we were married and this happened 10 years from now. But most days I just feel sad.

The man that I met last August doesn't exist anymore. I wish you could've met him. He would've given you hope that all men aren't lying cheating bastards. He would've given you hope that true love really does exist. That's what he did for me. But he's gone now, has been replaced by someone I don't recognize.

3 comments:

  1. Totally found your post by randomly googling, "Disappearing boyfriend," because I'm still trying to get over the shock of my own very recent and unexpected breakup. Thank you for your subtle, beautiful post on it -- I haven't been able to blog about mine yet without flying into a rage or crying. Life will get better, hang on there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three years on and off and he just disappeared 6 weeks ago. I called and text him but I got nothing. I am confused and sad. I am trying to figure out what happened but I cant understand what I did or said. I did not think he would ended this way ever, its hard to move on from a break up like this not knowing why.
    Wish both of you all the best and hopefully time will heal us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Anonymous -
    I will never be able to understand why guys do this, but it seems to be happening more and more... or maybe I just hear about it more often. Hang in there... it eventually gets better. Or at least I expect it to any day now! Be picky and hold out for someone who will appreciate all that you have to offer...

    <3

    ReplyDelete